17 Literary Tattoos You’ll Wish Were Yours!
Bibliophiles of the world unite! Show your true colors, especially if those colors were injected under your skin with a mechanical needle!
We’re constantly seeing pictures of tattoos on Facebook and Instagram. But not just any tattoos; book tattoos! Harry Potter, Kurt Vonnegut, e. e. cummings, tattoos of books, of pages, of favorite quotes… We love them all! Some polls estimate that 21% of Americans have at least one tattoo. Although we think that tribal tats, barbed wire, “Mom,” and lotus blossoms are still cool, we’d like to celebrate the literary minds who commit their skin to book-themed body art.
Check out our 17 favorite book inspired tattoos!
17. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
16. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
15. The infinitely quotable George R. R. Martin
14. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
13. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
12. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
11. Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk
10. “Taking the next level with lit tattoos…”
9. Quill, ink, skull, and books
8. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
7. So many Harry Potter tattoos!
6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
5. “I love this bibliophile”
4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
2. “The Raven” by Edgar Allen Poe
1. And the opening lines of “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” by T.S. Eliot
Share your own literary tattoos with us on Facebook!
Proper LIT literacysite_belowcontent