How Many of These Top 15 Banned Books Have You Read? Number 10 Shocked Me!G. H.
Each year, the American Library Association compiles a list of the most frequently banned or challenged books in libraries and schools throughout the United States (we’re scared to even ask what books are banned in other countries). The following 15 books were the most frequently banned titles of the last decade.
How many have you read? What are your favorites? Do you think it’s okay for them to be banned in certain locations or for specific audiences?
1. Harry Potter (series), by J.K. Rowling
2. Alice series, by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
3. The Chocolate War, by Robert Cormier
4. And Tango Makes Three, by Justin Richardson/Peter Parnell
5. Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck
6. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou
7. Scary Stories (series), by Alvin Schwartz
8. His Dark Materials (series), by Philip Pullman
9. ttyl; ttfn; l8r g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle
10. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
11. Fallen Angels, by Walter Dean Myers
12. It’s Perfectly Normal, by Robie Harris